For people looking to have sweet delicacies usually served in diners and restaurants in their homes, then purchasing a stovetop grill can be the way to go. They are available in a wide range of sizes and shapes and made with different materials.
With such a plethora of options available on the market, making a choice will never come easy. Besides, there are a couple of factors to bear in mind when trying to pin down the right unit, making the decision process tedious and overwhelming.
To save you from the headache of window shopping dozens of products, we’ve done the hard part and provide you with the best stovetop griddle available on the market. Plus, there’s a short buying guide section to ensure you make the right choice.
Top 7 Best Stovetop Griddle Reviews
Top 1 – Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible 20″ x 10″ Grill/Griddle Pan
Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible 20″ x 10″ Grill/Griddle Pan is our top pick for the best stovetop griddle. This brand has more than 100 years of experience in the industry, with an incredible line of products.
As they get older, they offer tasty dishes when you use them for cooking your food. This cast iron cookware comes with almost the same price tag as other units in the market, but with far superior quality.
Lodge pre seasons these cast iron cookware, but you must season them too before using to help sublime your foods’ flavor. When it comes to cleaning this unit, it’s a hassle-free process. All you have to do is wash with soap and hot water and scrub the surface using a scotch Brite pad. You may have to do it several times to get the oils that might have accumulated during the manufacturing process.
- Excellent heat retention
- Fit over two stove burners
- Easy to wash
- Even heat distribution
- Requires proper maintenance and careful handle to prevent cracking
#2. All-Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Aluminum Base Double Burner Grande Griddle
The All-Clad Nonstick Hard-Anodized Grande Griddle is a top choice for people looking for a kitchen companion to handle cooking for a large crowd. The hard-anodized surface makes it resistant to sticking and offers appealing contrast to the polished rivets and handles.
Further, its three-ply construction improves uniform heat distribution, which makes it a top choice for home cooks and as well as professional chefs. The polished stainless steel handles ensure it safe to touch while cooking. Plus, the channel inside the raised edge of the pan collects the juice and fat for easy cleaning.
Coming with a large surface area, which should be more than enough to grill a dozen eggs, pancakes, burgers, and anything else on the menu. AAll-Clad Nonstick Hard-Anodized Grande Griddle sits across two standard stove top burners.
To ensure your dishes remain healthy, it features a channel along the unit’s perimeter and a raised edge to ensure juice and fat drain away easily. In terms of construction, this model comes with a charcoal-black hard-anodized aluminum exterior, which makes it resistant to chipping, scratching, and peeling.
- Safe-to-touch handles
- Easy to clean
- Durable three-ply construction
- Large grilling area
- The bottom isn’t flat, which result in instability
#3. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Dishwasher safe 11″ Square Griddle
This is another model taking our third sport with hard-anodized aluminum construction. This sturdy construction ensures the product has even heat distribution and stainless steel encasing the aluminum core for durability.
Further, the OXO Good Griddle has no coating, which means this unique grill pan will withstand scratching, scraping, scrubbing, and burning, thanks to its robust stainless steel construction. Besides, you don’t need to be bothered about the pan rusting with time. Plus, users can soak the griddle before tossing in the dishwasher or hand washing for hassle-free cleaning.
The model features rolled edges, which allows users to pour drip-free. And, the contoured handle ensures a comfortable grip making sure this stovetop stays cool when you are cooking. Even better, this griddle is suitable for use on any cooktop surface, and it’s oven-safe up to 430 degrees, which allows you to roast vegetables and finish your cut of meat.
Besides, this durable pan is made with scratch-resistant materials and totally dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Hard-anodized aluminum
- Drip-free pouring
- Scratch-resistant and dishwasher safe
- Cool-to-the-touch handles
- Tend to bent over time
#4. Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware
While any grill pan could be positively used to grill a sandwich, this cast iron cookware makes cooking a lot easier, thanks to the included press. Not just that, the press comes in handy for pressing poultry, including chicken, to offer a similar “under a brick” grilling manner. For steaks, burgers, and more may not require the press.
Made from heavy-gauge aluminum, Calphalon Contemporary Cookware offers uniform heating and extra durability since it is hard-anodized to make it dishwasher safe. The handle is stainless steel brushed to ensure it stays cool while cooking on a stove.
The model features a 3-layer non-stick coating for easy food release and durability. The grill pan is oven safe up to a temperature of 450 degrees, which means you can finish your cut of meat or for roasting vegetables.
- Heavy-gauge aluminum construction
- Dishwasher and oven safe
- Nonstick coating for easy release performance
- Warps easily
#5. Anolon 82854 Advanced Hard-Anodized Nonstick Griddle Pan/Flat Grill
This is an ideal choice for people looking for a pan with a high side rather than low sided grill to allow you to cook without splattering. This model can be used in an oven up to 400 degrees and on a stove
Also, the high sides allow you to use this cast iron cookware for sauces, and after you are done with grilling, you can also use it to roast juicy poultry or roasts. Also, its non-stick surface offers excellent food release, metal utensil safe, and easy cleanup.
Further, the handle is designed with comfort in mind, which is evident in its rubberized grip to ensure it remains cool during stove cooking. Besides, it comes with dual rivets to offer optimal security. Besides, there’s a channel along the pan perimeter to help collect and hold juice and fat, and also pour spouts to make draining the liquid easy.
- Durable griddle
- Dishwasher and oven safe
- Dual-riveted handle
- Pour spout for easy drainage
- Lifetime warranty
- Bottom get wrapped
#6. Lodge L9OG3 Cast Iron Round Griddle
This cast iron griddle brings heavy-duty performance to your stove. It comes with lower sidewalls and ample cooking space enough to feed your family and a couple of extra friends. It’s suitable for use with campfire, stovetop, or oven.
This griddle is seasoned with 100% vegetable oil without chemical or synthetic materials. With over 120 years of experience, the cast iron os high quality, for more cooking versatility and lifetime durability.
The large pan set over two burners, which offer ample space for feeding a crowd or use half of the griddle for cooking and the other side to keep the food warm. Also, it is made from cast iron, which ensures high heat retention and cooks evenly.
- High heat retention
- Cooks uniformly
- Lifetime durability
- Large cooking space
- Requires regular maintenance
#7. Emeril Lagasse 62929 Dishwasher safe Nonstick Hard Anodized Double Burner Griddle
This model, Emeril Lagasse, comes with two handles on the side of the pan, which makes it handling a lot easier. The handle features stainless riveted steel to ensure smooth and simple operation while cooking.
Further, the dishwasher and non-stick features make your cooking experience pleasant. Also, there are the griddle features a friendly perimeter channel to catch fat and grease easily. Plus, an additional two pour spouts to make releasing the collected and held oil.
- Sturdy construction
- Two pour spouts for better release performance
- Triple-layer non-stick coating
- Dishwasher safe
- Slick bottom pan
Why Buying a Stovetop Griddle is a Good Idea
For people not sure if purchasing a stovetop grill is the right choice or the nay-sayers, here are a few quick reasons to influence your decision:
- All-weather cookware – a stovetop griddle is a durable unit capable of withstanding any weather condition. Besides, they are designed for both indoor and outdoor cooking. The cast iron griddles and grills allow users to cook any kind of dish.
- Non-stick – it is deemed that nonstick surfaces pose some health hazards. While most top brands in the industry make their non-stick coating safe, it is better to check if the surfaces are made with natural materials. Stovetop griddles offer non-stick surfaces using only natural materials and come pre-seasoned. Besides, seasoning, this unit is hassle-free and straightforward.
- Heat distribution and retention – cast iron stovetop grill doesn’t heat up fast, but have superior heat distribution and retention. These models offer uniform heating, which eliminates any cold spots while cooking. This feature makes your cooking experience pleasant without drying up your food.
- Durability – this cookware is made with cast iron to ensure impressive durability and longevity.
- Easy to clean – with a stovetop grill, you can do away with soap or use a mild soap for easy cleaning. It doesn’t take long for the food to lift, place the hot pan under running water and use a metal spatula to scrape off food leftover on the cookware.
- Iron – cooking with cast iron griddle increases the iron content in your dishes, especially when cooking acidic foods.
- Versatility – owning a stovetop griddle offers incredible cookware, which is suitable for use in an oven and over a stove.
- Ensure no acidic food is left on the surface of the cast iron griddle for too long. While it’s ideal to use this cookware to cook many dishes on it. There are some myths concerning cast iron griddle and these foods. Therefore, it’s essential to check if the unit can cook your desired dishes.
- Use low or medium heat when cooking using the stovetop griddle
- Clean the grill or griddle immediately after cooking
Choose any of the best stovetop griddle reviewed in this list and enjoy cooking your favorite dish. However, ensure you considered the pros and cons of each model to ensure you are okay with the tradeoffs.